Residential Service Cancellation Policy
Should you wish to skip or cancel any scheduled service appointment, please provide Focus Window Cleaning with a minimum of two business days (48 hours minimum) notice prior to your scheduled appointment. The following fees apply to Cancellations:
- Over two business days notice (48 hours minimum) you will not be charged
- Within two business days notice (48 hours) you will be charged 50% of your scheduled service
- Within one business day notice (24 hours) you will be charged 100% of your scheduled service
Holds and Rescheduling
You may put your scheduled Home or Window Cleaning on hold without fee or penalty provided we are given Notice as described above.
Any cleaning contract or agreement service date put on hold with notice by the client for longer than 1 week from the initial agreed upon service date will be charged a First-Time Cleaning rate at the next cleaning. If no further holds occur, the next cleaning will be charged at the initially agreed upon cleaning rate.
If the nature of your life or business requires flexibility in our services, let us know when signing up.
A Lockout is any occasion where we are unable to complete the full scope of a service work order due to not receiving access.
Lockouts may occur due to:
- Us not being able to gain access to the job site because:
- Supplied keys do not work
- The business is closed
- We are refused entry at the time of service
- Being limited in mobility due to other contractors working in the same area such as:
- Painters painting the same rooms we’re contracted to clean
- Carpet cleaners working in the same property
- Reasonable access to areas to be cleaned being blocked by equipment or vehicles not included in the original job scope
Lockouts are charged the same as cancellations.
If repeated cancellations occur (with or without notice), we may stop guaranteeing that time slot and instead move the cleaning into a floating time slot.
Bedbugs and Pests Policy
Bedbug infestation can be a traumatic experience.
If your home has been invaded by bedbugs, you must let us know immediately. We cannot risk spreading anything like bedbugs, so we will put a temporary hold on your cleaning service until you have had them professionally removed. There are test kits available to confirm their removal which will usually be provided by the pest control company.
Buyer’s Right to Cancel
You may cancel this contract from the day you enter into the contract until 10 days after you receive a copy of the contract. You do not need a reason to cancel.
If you do not receive the goods or services within 30 days of the date stated in the contract, you may cancel this contract within one year of the contract date. You lose that right if you accept delivery after the 30 days. There are other grounds for extended cancellation. For more information, you may contact your provincial/territorial consumer affairs office.
If you cancel this contract, the seller has 15 days to refund your money and any trade-in, or the cash value of the trade-in. You must then return the goods.
To cancel, you must give notice of cancellation at the address in this contract. You must give notice of cancellation by a method that will allow you to prove that you gave notice, including registered mail, fax or by personal delivery.